Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Best Birthday EVER!

I know this is late, but our camera cord was lost! But late or not, I HAD to post about my birthday! It got off to a terrific start- Dave took ALL of the feedings the night before! I was able to get a full night's sleep for the first time in a *long* time. And feeling rested made waking up to this . . .

even better! A glorious breakfast complete with both juice AND hot cocoa. Yum! Next to my plate was a sweet card that had messages from both Nora and Dave as well as my first gift . . .

A shopping spree! I haven't got many clothes that fit this post-baby body of mine, and this was just what the doctor ordered. He even gave me the cash in smaller bills so I could relish the feeling of carrying around a fat wad of cash :)


Michelle was my partner in crime for the day. We hit the Provo mall for a movie (Confessions of a Shopoholic, of course), lunch (Red Robin- yum!) and spending my shopping money! Michelle was my own personal Stacy and Clinton and helped me pick out some great stuff. And between the two of us, carrying Nora all over the mall wasn't too bad. When we got home, I found . . .


Dance Dance Revolution and a stand for my punching bag! I now have access to my favorite forms of exercise and stress relief whenever I want :) Anyone who feels the need is welcome to come and do the same.
Next we headed to Mom and Dad's to drop off Nora for the evening (THANK YOU). While we were there Dad showed me . . .


My new serger table! I'd seen it in pieces, but this was the first time I saw it all put together. It is unbelievably beautiful, especially when you consider how it started out. Thanks Dad!


Next Dave and I got to have a fabulous dinner just the two of us (thanks again for watching Nora!) at Outback Steakhouse- we love gift cards! The food was SO good, and it was so wonderful to have some time alone.


And for dessert, complimentary birthday ice cream and some amazing peanut butter pie!

If all this wasn't enough, I also heard from each and every one of my siblings throughout the day. It was the best day I'd had in a long long time, and just the pick-me-up I needed after the stresses of the past few weeks . . . months . . . whatever. Thank you so much to my wonderful husband, family and friends for making it happen. I love you all!

2 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

HOw amazing! It sounds like you had a magical day. You totally deserved it Natalie! Happy Belated :)

Mindy said...

I stummbled across your blog when I googled Fuzzi Bunz and I thought it was funny that I saw a picture of Michelle because I don't know you, and she is my cousin! Small world I guess. :)