Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Fun

Last Saturday Dave didn't have a morning rehearsal (!) so we decided to take full advantage.  We had a big Daddy-made breakfast of whole wheat pancakes and then headed to a local pumpkin patch. It was so fun!  Nora was in absolute heaven picking out pumpkins for everyone, and it was cool to see different varieties of pumpkins.  I especially liked the Cinderellas and the Goosebumps.  It's so fun to see Nora really getting excited about a holiday.  She runs around the house saying ,"Pumpkin! Halloween!" and carrying the "baby pumpkins" around with her.  Those pumpkins have also taken naps with her and sat on her tray at mealtimes.






Nora posing with our bounty
We also worked on our Halloween decor, and for a couple of bucks at the dollar store plus things we already had on hand, I think we did pretty well!
I'm especially proud of the wreath- I used a basic wicker wreath from the dollar store and scraps from making bustle skirts.  Not bad for a buck, huh?
 Add some hot cocoa, applesauce oatmeal cookies, and a partial viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas, and you get pretty much the best weekend ever.  We're so excited for the show to open this week so we can spend more time together as a family.  Happy Fall!

3 comments:

Emily Erdmann said...

SO ADORABLE!!!!!! Sounds like lots of fun :)

Julie said...

love the wreath - uber impressed.

Anonymous said...

What fun! I've never gotten much into holiday decorations--but yours are way cute! Maybe I'll copy your idea with the wreath.