Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our New Couch!!


We had been wanting to get a sectional to replace our lovely 70's couch, but we figured we'd have to wait awhile and save up. Then we found this one on craigslist for $50! It was kind of in rough shape- just old and yucky tweedy fabric- but I figured it would be pretty easy to re-cover.


A close-up of the yucky tweedy fabric- I totally stripped all the cushions because there was no saving them.


It took a lot of trial and error, but all those days of watching Trading Spaces paid off!


And lets be honest- Dave loved using the staple gun!


I was very proud of how the arms turned out.



Ta Da! What do you think?

9 comments:

Shelly said...

I think you're the coolest, bestest, home maker ever!! Way to nest!

Amber said...

very nice chica!

Julie said...

Looks good. yea for trading spaces

Emily Erdmann said...

It looks so good! I especially love the arms on the sofa, they look really cool!

Anna said...

Your so creative. It looks wonderful. yeah for $50 coaches.

KateH said...

Ooh, Natalie, it looks amazing! Can't wait to sit on it in December!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Nice work. Way to bargan shop! Then recover! You make me proud. :)

kaci + tom said...

natalie, i am very impressed. you erdmanns are so crafty!

Janice Lois said...

You're so talented!! Love your new couch!! It's very cool... Last month, I bought new couch and slip cover for my home...