Sunday, August 23, 2009

New PJ's



It's been getting cooler and cooler up here- especially at night. Nora has far outgrown all of her sleepers, so we've been improvising. This shirt used to belong to my little sister, Emily, but today it became brand new jammies!


The neck and sleeves are edged in fold-over elastic (my new favorite thing) and the lighter purple is from another shirt that I stole from the girls' DI pile. They went together really quick (minus a few trial-and-error moments) because I used as many of the existing aspects of the shirt as possible. The legs of the pants are the sleeves of the shirt, and I cut the shirt pieces to take advantage of the kangaroo pocket and the bottom band. I also made everything a little bigger because this kid grows like a weed!

I'm so proud!

** Side note- I had a devil of a time trying to get decent pictures of this kid. Now that she is fully mobile she WILL NOT sit still for a picture! **

8 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Those look amazing! Natalie, you are so talented!
I know what you mean about getting a good picture when they can move themselves around. I think you did a pretty good job!

Sackett's said...

Natalie, you are the coolest and most talented craftiest (in a good way) person ever!

The Reynolds said...

seriously, the pj's are so cute! You amaze me

Mandi and Adam said...

I'm super impressed! Those are very cute pjs. I didn't know you had a blog, but now I'll add you to my blog list so I can keep up with you. Nora is adorable!

Wendy said...

amazing!

Lisa said...

Woman! You DO rock! Thanks for sharing this. Love, Lisa from The Days O' Hillcrest

Julie said...

well done!

Keri said...

I'm impressed. Well done.