Monday, August 3, 2009

My Newest Obsession


Re-fashioning! I'm having tons of fun taking clothes that don't fit anymore and making them into clothes for Nora. At some point something will be for me and/or Dave, I'm sure, but Nora is the most clothes-needy of all of us right now. Slow down the growth-spurt, sweetie! Since Nora has an alarmingly shrinking number of dresses that she can wear to church (ie- dresses with sleeves that can fit over her adorable chubby arms) I decided to come up with something myself. My mom found a great deal on some plain white onesies, so I started there. I added some fabric from a skirt that I made myself years ago which no longer fits, and I'm so pleased with the result.



Stay tuned- I have a whole stack of discarded clothes and a ton of ideas!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Love it! You're so amazingly crafty :) Guess what? Less than a week til we get to see you! Woot!

M said...

you are so talented! i wish i could sew...i just don't have the patience or the vision. such a cute dress!

The Reynolds said...

You must teach me! And I need to get you the instructions to the play mat. The material part is pretty simple, but I'll get Tyrel to write down what parts to get for the frame.

Emily Erdmann said...

That dress is so adorable!!! I'm pretty sure I remember that skirt. :)

Julie said...

I am uber impressed

rolene59 said...

What a fantastic idea! She is so cute!

Melia and Christian said...

Go Nooks!

Keri said...

Super cute!

KateH said...

I remember that skirt! That was from the summer you made all those way cute skirts that I loved but would never fit me...sigh. Good times!