Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Christmas in Yellowstone


Ok, so years and years ago it snowed at Old Faithful on August 24th and everyone was snowed in. Being the 24th and all, it was decided that they should celebrate "Christmas in Yellowstone," and thus a tradition was born! We celebrated by singing Christmas songs on street and having a gift exchange after the show. It was so much fun! We had a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree, ate pizza (which REALLY made it feel like Christmas to me!!) and had Christmas music playing in the background. What a fun tradition!

Our "stockings" were in the form of re-usable popcorn boxes filled with candy!

Dave's card read, "To our sweaty suckling pig who sings Johnny Cash . . . COOO-EEE!" (All references to his pre-show performing. He's a busy guy even before the show starts!) Inside were 2 Johnny Cash records, a pig shaped neck pillow, and some anti-perspirant . . .

Nora received the must-have toy on every baby's list this year . . . a Stacking Rings Toy! She already loves it.

And, as I have made several comments concerning my dissatisfaction with the haircut I got in Bozeman, I got 2 ADORABLE headbands! Because, "It is of the utmost importance that an Upson-Asterbilt lady always look her best regardless of the general error of her hair stylist."

** Oh, and though it's not the best picture, this is another refashion- a button-down shirt of Dave's into a blouse for me. It's super comfy and is the first shirt that I have ever made for myself that I feel good about wearing in public! Go me!

Merry Christmas!



3 comments:

Amber said...

Umm dear - can I just tell you that you're AMAZING?!? I love that you can reuse clothes and make them so cute! The blouse is darling - and you're looking great! Give my loves to Dave and Nora.

Julie said...

Huzzah for Christmas - regardless of the month.

Sackett's said...

That's awesome! Merry Christmas!