Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Catch-Up . . . Again.

Since that last lonely Christmas Tree Card post, a lot has happened.

1. We celebrated our first Christmas as a family of three:

Nora loved opening presents! It was so fun to see her excitement. She kept saying, "Oooooh! Oooooh!" over everything.
I made us some matching stockings out of Dave's old Christmas sweater, and we hung them by our paper mache' chimney with care!

2. Nora had her first birthday!

We got her picture taken and had dinner at IHOP before Dave had to rush off to rehearsal. She was very spoiled and had 2 big parties- one with the Erdmann's and one with the Burton's. Around this same time she really took off walking. If I was smart I would post video . . . sigh.

3. We found out we're having a . . .

BOY! I have an adorable picture somewhere that I will post when I find it :). We are so excited to welcome little Joey to our family!

4. Dave was a Very Great Fish

He was part of Liken the Scriptures' production of Jonah and the Great Fish at the SCERA. It was such a fun show to be a part of, but Nora especially is glad that Daddy is home in the evenings again.

Ok. So it was a brief overview, but now at least we are caught up. Ish. I will be better- I promise!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Mason just saw Dave the fish and said, "Look! It's a ghost!" When I told him it was a fish he said, "Oh, a blue fish." At least we've got our colors down :)

Julie said...

Way to catch up - cute pics.

Abbie said...

YAY for a catching up! Congrats on a BOY! That's so exciting. One of each - saaaweet!

So, I just got word about the blankets. My friend is extending her drive for newborn kits, so if you still want to donate some of your fabric and sewin' skills - that would be AWESOME!!! Let me know. My email is: abbietastic at gmail

M said...

yay a boy!!! congrats!!! i am so excited for you guys! boys are awesome...they drain everything out of you, but they're awesome! :)

Lauren said...

Wow, you are having a BOY! That is so exciting! Congrats