Nora's love of Tinker Bell was the jumping off point for our costume theme. I don't know how it happened, but this little girl is obsessed! She loves all things fairy, and every fairy is named "Tinka Bew." I made her dress by copying her shift from the Renaissance fairs, then made her wings with wire hangers, nylons, and glitter fabric paint. I wish we'd gotten more shots of the wings- I was so proud of how they turned out!
She was a big fan of the whole Trick-or-Treating thing. She kept saying, "More candies? In the bucket!"Joey was a very convincing Mr. Smee, sporting a striped sleeper, navy sweatpants, and a hat I made from an old sweater.
And, of course, Smee's favorite teething ring . . .
Dave's costume was pieced from a few things we already had plus a few items from the Hale. His awesome hook was donated to the cause by Michelle and Tyler. My hat (originally for Robin Hood- I turned it sideways for Pan) and corset came from Michelle, of course, and I threw together a skirt to go with it all. My Ren Fair belt and a Disneyland sword complete the look!
It was crazy, busy, and stressful, but it was so fun to get all dressed up- even if we kinda had nowhere to go! We had so much fun this Halloween- pictures of our pumpkin carving escapades to come!
5 comments:
Your costumes are awesome! Way to go. I love that you even made Nora's wings yourself.
You're craftiness makes me sick :) I love you guys - and you all look adorable. :)
You are amazing and should be crowned Halloween queen!!
AMAZING!!!! Totally, 100% amazing.
Seriously love all of your costumes!! Amelia was a bit sick with envy over Nora's tinkerbell dress. Oh, and I can't believe you made her wings! You are SO talented with costumes and sewing. Seriously.
Post a Comment