We had the opportunity to visit the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center last week. It was really cool- even if Nora was more interested in looking at the ceiling fans than at the bears . . .
We loved all of the exhibits that had tiny bear cubs- but they also made me kind of depressed because each one told how the bears died. Poor babies!
This guy was HUGE! I kept trying to find something to show you the scale, but it didn't work because he was behind a gate. He is probably the reason for the legend of the Abominable Snowman.
This graph showed the relative probability of being killed by a bear. The bars, from left to right, represent people killed by: bears, bee stings, snake bites, lightning strikes, car crashes, and heart attacks.

Once we were outside, we got to see the animals up close! I got a great video of a huge grizzly eating a fish, but alas, I have no idea how to post it. This is one of the wolves that we saw.

And this is a collection of garbage cans! The center actually does testing for "bear proof" containers, and these were some that had been put though the paces.
At the very end was a fun gift shop. I was able to get Nora to help out in showing you the scale for another giant bear . . .
4 comments:
That's one big bear couch. Looks like a fun place.
cool! i want a bear couch. nora looks so much like your husband! you have such a cute little family!
And I thought Nora was huge...
Bear couch is huge. Crazyness. But Nora is adorable (as always) and it looks like you 3 are just having so much fun!!
Post a Comment