Friday, July 3, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

Whew! We've had so much going on, and no time to post! Here's a brief look at what's been going on this summer. We are living in Montana! We are literally five minutes from Yellowstone National park- the most beautiful place on Earth. Some friends of ours opened a new live theater this year, and they asked us to be a part of it. We've been busy putting up two shows and settling into our little apartment. It is so much hard work, but we are having a blast.

Not long after hauling all our stuff to Montana, we turned right around to head to California. My sister Melia and her husband took a trip to Hawaii, and we got to watch their adorable kids! Nora had so much fun with her cousins:


And we had so much fun taking her to the beach for the first time:
As luck would have it, Dave's grandma lives no more than 20 minutes away from Melia, so Nora also got to meet Great-Grandma Larene. As soon as I figure out how to post video, we can share that trip too. Thanks for letting us come play!

Once we got back, it was down to business getting the first show open- a melodrama called "Dirty Work at the Crossroads." Dave plays the villian, I play a brainless teenager, and Nora helps us out with a number or two in the pre-show. Plenty more pictures to come, but here's one from opening night:
(Please note- I have since found a better way to do my hair . . . )

Dave's folks came up that weekend to see the show, and we got to spend Sunday relaxing with them at the cabin. The most memorable moment? Nora taking a bath in one side of the kitchen sink with the previous day's catch on the other . . .
Daddy and Papa Bob were having way too much fun with it . . .
but Nora wasn't so sure!

The very next day Nora and I headed back down to Utah with Dave's folks (thanks for the ride!) for two very special events- Grandma White's 90th birthday and my best friend Kate's wedding. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera that trip :( But everything was lovely. Kate and Tim were so happy, and the birthday bash was a huge success. It was great to have all of the cousins together (the first time that has EVER happened). We love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!

And in other news, Nora has been giving us all sorts of signs that she's ready to start solids. At least, she's made it pretty clear that she's ready for more than just milk- Diet Coke, anyone?

So as soon as we were back home we got her started with some cereal. She absolutely loves it and is always grabbing at the bowl and spoon for more. I absolutely love the fact that it helps her sleep longer! A Picture to document the momentous occasion:

There! I think we're caught up!

5 comments:

M said...

i wondered when you were going to post again ;) sounds like a busy busy summer! i'm so glad things are going well for you guys! nora sure has grown! what a cutie!

Julie said...

Fabulous pics Natalie - glad to see you finally have time to update. We're excited to come see you and your theatrical family.

Amber said...

I love how white Dave is! (It's okay, I'm not any better:) Miss you! Thanks for the post!

Wendy said...

It was so good to see you guys and see Nora. Yellowstone is beautiful. Soak in that gorgeous weather for me all summer long!

Sackett's said...

Oh so cute!!!! And I love your costume, Dave's cute too, but that made me giggle. :)